The only problem with this Sangria is that it is so fruity and delicious, it is easy to forget that it contains alcohol. Fortunately, the alcohol content is fairly low so you can enjoy it with some impunity. This is the perfect drink for a warm day. Make a double batch–I made one recipe for 5 adults and it went way too fast!
- 1 bottle white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 limes, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
- 2 cups tonic water
- Combine all ingredients except the tonic water in a large non-reactive container (such as a glass jar). Mix everything very well, squishing the fruit around as you stir.
- Let sit at least 6 hours.
- Just before serving, add the tonic. Cheers!